X hits on this document

4 views

0 shares

0 downloads

0 comments

2 / 2

PAGE TWO

Protect Your Assets & Plan Your Family's Future Join Athens Attorney Larry Cantrell for a

Morning Fax™

(Feel free to copy, post or otherwise distribute) (Phone:746-1390 Fax:744-1390 e-mail: wyxi@bellsouth.net)

FREE & FUN

Educational Session on Estate Planning Tonight 6-8p at E.G. Fisher Libary

Monday- July 12, 2010

Athens, Tennessee

BUSY WEEKEND IN ATHENS

  • A DUI suspect faces multiple charges after causing thou-

sands of dollars worth of damage Friday evening. Eddie Chal- lenger of Delay Street, attempted to turn right onto South Jackson Street, but failed to make the turn and instead struck a steel and concrete barrie , fence, metal building, and a gas main behind the Country Patch Restaurant, causing a natural gas leak. The immediate area was evacuated until AUB was able to stop the gas leak. Challenger and his vehicle were located at his residence. He was arrested and charged with DUI, Violation of Implied Consent, Duty upon Striking Fix- tures upon a Highway, and Driving without a License. He was also cited for having no automobile insurance. AUB says the damage is at least $15,000.

  • Athens Police investigated a possible meth lab in a house

at 1208 Charles Street when they found what looked like several sticks of dynamite hooked to a timer. Units from the Cleveland and Chattanooga bomb squads responded to the scene and determined the device was not an explosive.

  • Several of our readers and listeners have called asking for

a clarification about a possible typo error in the McMinn County Sample Ballot that was published in last Friday's newspaper. The day is shown as Tuesday, August 5. The date is cor- rect, but the day should have been listed as Thursday, Au- gust 5. The same typo appears on: mcminnelections.com

OBITUARIES

Rev. Doctor Samuel Neil Varnell of Ashbury Acres and a former resident of Athens, died Friday. He was a former pastor of Keith United Methodist Church. Funeral arrangements will be annouced by Smith Funeral and Cremation Service. Donna Sue Cutshaw Russell, age 60, of Athens, died Friday at her home. She was co-owner of America Cinema of Athens. A funeral service was held Sunday evening at Laycock-Hobbs Funeral Home. Jennifer Michelle Finnell, age 25, of Decatur, died Friday morn- ing. A funeral service will be held Monday at 2 p.m. at Bowers.

OUR HUMBLE APPRECIATION!!

A big Thank-You to the readers of the Daily Post Athenian that voted for Mark Lefler and Bob Ketchersid as our area's top two radio personalities in the paper's first-ever "Best of the Best" promotion. We consider that a tremen- dous honor and will continue to strive to merit your "ears" in the future. In the photo is Mark Lefler accepting the "Best of the Best" award from Rhonda Whaley, General Manager of the DPA. One of our listeners called and quipped: "it's those Chicken Tunes that Mark plays every Wednesday after- noon that did it." www.wyxi.com

WYXI AM 1390

Hear Mike Huckabee !! M-F at 8:30a, 11:35a, & 5:10p Saturdays at 12:30p & 5:10p

  • No contracts

  • 24 Hour Access

  • State-Of-The-Art Cardio Equipment

Fresh Sweet Corn, Blackber- ries, Okra, Tomatoes, Beans. Market Hours:

Monday-Friday: 9a-6p Saturday: 9a-3p Mayfield Farm & Nursery 257 Highway 307, Athens 423-746-9859 mayfieldfarmandnursery.com

WEATHER

Monday - Partly cloudy. 60% rain chance. High-88. Monday night - Mostly cloudy. 40% rain. Low-72. Tuesday - Partly sunny. 50% chance of rain and thunder- storms. High-88.

SUMMER SPECIAL

Ask About Our One Dollar A Day / No Enrollment

Offer Expires Sept. 30th, 2010

www.snapfitness.com/athenstn 2015 S. Congress Pkwy. , Athens

423.745.9422

423.667.4884

423.802.1664

WHEN RADIO WAS

Old-time Radio Shows 6:05-7 pm Mon-Fri

WYXI AM-1390

Tonight: The Aldrich Family Lum & Abner

Document info
Document views4
Page views4
Page last viewedTue Oct 25 17:47:40 UTC 2016
Pages2
Paragraphs112
Words1454

Comments