X hits on this document





14 / 28


You must submit specific supporting documents before we can issue an IRP license plate and cab card. These supporting documents include:

    • Proof of Ownership,

    • Insurance Coverage,

    • Heavy Vehicle Use Tax, and

    • Location Verification.

    • DOT number and TIN of motor carrier responsible for the safety of the vehicle.

  • --

    PROOF OF OWNERSHIP May be one of the following:

    • Copy of current Florida registration;

    • Florida Title receipt (Form HSMV 82041); or

    • In the case of an out-of-state title with an outstanding lien, submit a copy of the front and back of the out-of-state title and a statement on letterhead stationery from the lien holder stating there is an outstanding lien on the described vehicle. For ELT transactions, you must provide the receipt for the electronic title, VIN verification form and a letter from the lien-holder or a lease agreement.

Out-of-State Vehicle Titles: For any vehicle with an out-of-state title, submit a completed Vehicle Identification Number Verification form (HSMV 82042). This form is available on our website at http://www.flhsmv.gov/html/forms-NUMBER DMV.html

Vehicles titled out-of-state must submit proof of ownership each year at the time of renewal.

NOTE: Owner-operators not operating under their own authority should provide a copy of their proof of ownership to the motor carrier lessee for submission to the Department.

  • --

    PROOF OF INSURANCE COVERAGE Combined Bodily Injury Liability, and Property

Damage Liability (referred to as Combined Single Limits CSL) Proof of valid coverage may be the original or a photocopy of any one of the following:

  • Form E, Uniform Motor Carrier Bodily Injury and Property Damage Liability; or

  • Certificate of Self-Insurance issued by the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, Division of Motorist Services, Bureau of Motorist Compliance; or

  • Copy of Certificate of Insurance issued on an insurance company form only; or (DHSMV must be the Certificate Holder.)

  • Insurance policy binder (must include Policy Number); or

  • Surety bond deposited with the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles by a surety company authorized to do business in Florida, or a combination of a surety bond and an insurance policy, which satisfies the requirements of section 627.7415, Florida Statutes.

Any PROOF OF INSURANCE submitted must include $10,000 PIP and the following minimum levels of combined bodily liability insurance and property damage liability:

  • $50,000 coverage per occurrence for a private carrier with a gross vehicle weight of 26,000 pounds or more, but less than 35,000 pounds;

  • $100,000 coverage per occurrence for a private carrier with a gross vehicle weight of 35,000 pounds or more, but less than 44,000 pounds; and

  • $300,000 coverage per occurrence for a private carrier with a gross vehicle weight of 44,000 pounds or more; or

  • MUST meet the minimum levels of coverage specified under Title 49 C.F.R., Part 387, Subpart A, for all for-hire interstate carriers or all carriers transporting hazardous materials with vehicles having a gross vehicle weight of 10,000 pounds or more; or

  • MUST have a minimum of $750,000 Combined Single Limits (CSL) coverage for all for- hire carriers.


Document info
Document views131
Page views131
Page last viewedMon Jan 23 03:18:42 UTC 2017