X hits on this document

497 views

0 shares

0 downloads

0 comments

148 / 191

-2--

the meeting of March 11, 1899, it was announced that the church

building was free of debt.

When the road was black-topped and moved to run in back of the

church house, the front doors and back windows were changed so that the

road was once more in front of the church. In 1947 when electricity

was introduced in the area, the building was, wired and lights installed.

The next building achievement came in 1952 when the Sunday School wings

were added to the original building. The new floor was laid in the

spring of 1962. The windows were also replaced at this time. The

latest addition to the church building were the Sunday School rooms

which were completed this past summer.

Through the years, there has been two periods for which records

are not available. One period of nine years and two shorter periods.

A check of the records show that in the seventy-five (75) year history

of the church nineteen (19) pastors served the church with four (4) of

them serving again at later dates. Today, seventy (70) years after the

erection of the church house, it is still in use. The building serves

as a center of worship for a church of thirty-six (36) resident members.

Worship services are held twice each Sunday.August 1960 **********************************************************************

NOTE: This material apparently was compiled and distributed on the Seventieth Anniversary of the founding of the Reid's Prairie Paptist  Church. This is the same church in which both Aunt Gladys and Uncle Gus Scroggins were saved, then later were married there. Aunt Gladys has indicated the Charter members who were her relatives.

Document info
Document views497
Page views499
Page last viewedWed Dec 07 12:46:52 UTC 2016
Pages191
Paragraphs1819
Words26377

Comments