ORDER NO. 03-064
DEPARTMENT OF CONSUMER AND BUSINESS SERVICES
WORKERS’ COMPENSATION DIVISION
ELECTRONIC DATA INTERCHANGE
"Division" means the Workers' Compensation Division of the Department of Consumer and Business Services.
(4) "Electronic Data Interchange" or "EDI" means a computer to computer exchange of information in a standardized electronic format.
(5) "Electronic Record" means information created, generated, sent, communicated, received, or stored by electronic means.
(6) "FEIN" means the federal employer identification number or other federal reporting number used by the insurer, insured, or employer for federal tax reporting purposes.
(7) "Header record" means the record that precedes each transmission for the purpose of identifying a sender, the date and time of the transmission, and the transaction set within the transmission.
(8) "IAIABC" means the International Association of Industrial Accident Boards and Commissions, a professional trade association comprised of state workers' compensation regulators and insurance representatives (.
(9) "Information" means data, text, images, sounds, codes, computer programs, software, databases, or the like.
(10) "Industry code" means the code which indicates the nature of the employer's business, which is contained in the Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) manual published by the Federal Office of Management and Budget, or in the North American Industrial Classification System (NAICS) published by the U.S. Census Bureau.
(11) "Insurer" means workers' compensation insurance carrier providing coverage to an employer, or a self-insured employer.
(12) "Mandatory data element" means an element that will cause a rejection of a transaction if the data element is omitted or submitted in a format not capable of being processed by the division's information processing system.
(13) "Optional data element" means an element that an insurer should report to the director if the information is available to the insurer. Optional data elements will not cause a rejection if missing or invalid.
(14) "Proof of coverage" means an electronic record or set of records identifying an insurer as providing workers' compensation coverage for a specific employer.
(15) "Record" means electronic record.
(16) "Sender" means the person or entity reporting electronic data interchange transactions to the division. Sender may include vendors or insurers.
(17) "Trading partner agreement" means the agreement entered into pursuant to OAR 436-160-0020 between the director and an insurer to conduct transactions via EDI.
(18) "Trailer record" means the record that designates the end of a transmission and provides a count of transactions contained within the transmission, not including the header and trailer records.