ships, mobile offshore units, floating or mobile installations, and
recreational craft. The Regulations also apply to electrical equipment
connected to maritime electrical installations.
9. The purpose of these regulations is to achieve a satisfactory level
of electrical safety in maritime electrical installations and in the
operation of electrical equipment connected to these installations.
10. Previous regulation: Regulation for Electrical Installations -
References to international standards:
* IEC 60092-serien Electrical Installations in Ships
* NEK EN 60079-serien Electrical Installations i Explosive Atmospheres
* and IEC 60 092-502 for Tankers
* IEC 61892-serien Electrical Installations in permanent and mobile
* IMOs resolution MSC.36(63) International code of safety for
high-speed craft (HSC code),
* IMOs resolution A.686(17) Code on alarms and indicators
* ISO 8383 Lifts on ships - spesific require-ments
* AODC-koden for under water systems
* MODU-koden for mobile platforms
* Nordic Boatstandard
In addition there are developed national guidelines with technical
specifications not covered by the IEC and NEK standards. These are printed
as appendix II of the regulations.