4. Cementitious Backer Board: Prepare and finish joints in accordance with manufacturer's instructions
Veneer Plaster Finishing: Reinforcing Tape:
Install full length over all gypsum base and cement board joints, including internal corners. Do not overlap at intersections.
Butter joints with setting-type joint compound, press Sheetrock joint tape into compound; apply skim coat of compound over tape.
1. After skim coat sets, apply finish coat of compound feathering 3 to 4 inches beyond tape edges.
2. Feather coats onto adjoining surfaces so that camber is maximum 1/32 inch.
Allow joint compound to completely set before applying veneer plaster finish.
1. Use same fasteners to anchor trim accessory flanges as required to fasten gypsum board to supports, unless otherwise recommended by trim manufacturer.
Install metal corner beads at external corners.
Install metal casing bead trim whenever edge of gypsum base would
otherwise be exposed or semi-exposed, and where gypsum base terminates against dissimilar material.
Control Joints: Install where indicated and specified.
Special Trim and Reveal Joints: Install as indicated on Drawings and in
accordance with manufacturer's instructions.
VENEER PLASTER APPLICATION
Apply veneer plaster in accordance with ASTM C843, except for more
stringent requirements of manufacturer or these specifications. Apply 1 or 2-coat system of uniform thickness as indicated.
Use mechanical mixers for mixing plaster in accordance with USG recommendations.
2. Clean mechanical mixers, mixing containers and tools after mixing each batch; keep free of plaster from previous mixes.