Church Interior as photographed in the early 1950’s
In 1905 the second and present St. Pat- rick’s Church was built of red brick by the Morrissey Brothers, on the original site of the first church. The cornerstone was laid by the most Rev. Archbishop G. S. Messmer. Some of the principal donations to the new church were a bell by Mr. Thomas Howard, The Stations of the Cross by the Patrick Farrel family, and the altar and railings by Margaret and Ella Grady.
After Rev. Nicholas’ health failed, the parish had substitute priests… Rev. John Fisher became permanent pastor in August, 1915, and served for seven years… followed in 1922 by Rev. Wil- liam Eggers who remained until 1925. (The Rectory was built in 1918 and added onto in 1961)
For the next several years, Rev. John Stehling was assigned to this pastorate and emphasized programs with youth…
Rev. Felix Sippel was pastor from 1932– 1942, followed by Rev. Walter Doherty. Doherty remained until May of 1956. Father saw the need for more spiritual instruction of children of the parish, and obtained a few nuns from St. Mary’s of Burlington to come every Saturday morning… In order to complete the par- ish unit, St. Patrick’s in 1955 set up a campaign to build a school.