Father Walter Doherty
Father Doherty was replaced by Rev. Joseph Hanauska who had been an assistant at St. Mary’s in Burlington. To complicate the school project, a fire gutted the church on may 25, 1957.
Prior to this, the parish purchased 20 acres of land in the northwest part of the city for the school. After a ceaseless search for sisters, Father Hanauska obtained a promise of three Notre Dame Sisters to teach if the school could be ready for opening in September of 1958.
One can see that St. Patrick’s has developed through the years and now, to meet the current needs of the parish, it is necessary that the church be renovated and restored and that the new ten- room school be completed.
The future of St. Patrick’s lies in the hands of the present parishioners, for we likewise are making history through our efforts at the present time.
Father J. F. Hanauska Pastor of St. Patrick’s Congregation
Trustees Herbert O’Connor Alan Morrissey