Global Studies – Quiz
Chapter I, sections 1-2
1. The largest continent on Earth in population and size is
2. Name four oceans of the Earth
_________________, _______________ , ____________,
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
3. Name the seven continents of the Earth.
____________, _________________, _______________, ____________, _________________
Use the terms listed on the right to complete 4-8
4. _________each half of the earth, divided either north and south or east and west.
a set of imaginary lines that run parallel to the equator
_________a set of imaginary lines that go around the earth and over the poles
a, prime meridian
_________an imaginary line that divides the earth into northern and southern halves
8. _________an imaginary line that divides the earth into eastern and western halves
Write the letter of the best answer in the space provided.
__________is a series of satellites that orbit the earth to pick up geographic data.
A _____________ is a particular type of map that shows natural and man-made features on the earth.
Extended response: Briefly answer the following question on the back of this paper.
What are at least two ways in which geographers use technology to gather or use geographic data?
OCPS First Days of School Lesson Plans