GAIN Report #CA9142
Page 15 of 19
As mentioned earlier, western Canadian consumer are caught between the desire to eat healthy (lower fat, more vegetables and fruit)on one hand and the reality of time poverty and the desire for easy fast meal solutions on the other hand . One thing that is obvious is the desire by both retailers and consumers for new product ideas that offer nutrition, variety, and convenience - and increasingly that perfect home meal replacement solution.
Section 5 - Resources & Contacts
1. NPD Grocery Digest - Trade Track and NPD Weekly News Bulletin - Industry News and Trends email@example.com
Grocery Today -Western Canada Trade Magazine - Published by Canada Wide
Canadian Grocer - National Trade Magazine - Published by Maclean Hunter
4. Food in Canada - National Trade Magazine - Published by Maclean Hunter //www.foodincanada.com/
Western Grocer - Western Canada Trade Magazine - Published by Mercury Publications
1999 Retail Chains in Canada - profiles of retail food retailer - Published by Maclean Hunter
Blue Book - profiles of grocery retailers - published by Sanford Evans Research Group
1. Market and Industry Services Branch Agriculture and Agri-food Canada fax: (613) 759-7480 www.agr.ca/food
2. Alberta Agriculture, Food and Rural Development Darcy Willis Phone: (780) 422-2252 www.agri.gov.ab
3. BC Agriculture and Food PO Box 9120, Stn Prov Govt Victoria BC V8W 9B4 808 Douglas St.
Foreign Agricultural Service/USDA