DATEATTACHMENT 238300.10 CHG OIG
FIGURE 126-1. MONTHLY SURVEILLANCE REPORT CHECKLIST
The CHDO’s monthly surveillance report should address the following:
1. External stress issues that the repair station is experiencing, such as:
a. Labor disputes (pre-contract)/slow downs/work disruptions/maintenance personnel refusal to work overtime).
b. Management issues (lockouts/refusal to negotiate).
c. Lighting strike (labor strikes that are sparked by insignificant instances and are short).
d. A bankruptcy or potential bankruptcy.
e. Changes in the repair stations accountable management.
f. Significant changes in repair station personnel.
g. Significant changes in equipment (office type/ground support/aircraft, and shops etc.).
2. A review of significant surveillance findings.
3. The repair station’s SPAS performance measures (negative trends), if appropriate.
4. Any changes to the operator’s business plan.
5. Corrective actions (discrepancies that the repair station corrected during this reporting period).
6. Changes in management personnel.
7. Changes in technical support personnel
8. Recent pending enforcement cases.
9. Other areas reflecting changes determined by the CHDO/Flight Standards Regional Division Office.
10. Any safety concerns.
11. Changes in ratings and OpSpecs.