D) 7.2 W Answer: B
4) Four unequal resistors are connected in a parallel circuit. Which one of the following statements is correct about this circuit?
The total resistance is less than the smallest resistor.
The total resistance is equal to the average of the resistance of all the resistors.
The total resistance is more than the largest resistor.
None of the other answers is correct.
5) A 100 V DC signal is applied to four resistors as shown in Figure. The values of the resistors are 20 Ω, 40 Ω, 60 Ω, and 80 Ω. What is the voltage across the 40 Ω resistor?
6) A light bulb operating at a voltage of 120 V has a resistance of 200 Ω. What is the power? A) 100 W B) 72 W C) 14 × 10-3 D) 7.2 W Answer: B W
7) Which one of the following is a correct statement for a number of resistors connected in series or parallel?
The total resistance in a series circuit decreases as more resistors are added.
The flow of current is difficult through resistors connected in a series circuit.
The voltage is different across resistors connected in a parallel circuit.
The total resistance in a parallel circuit decreases as more resistors are added.
8) Three resistors of values 2 Ω, 6 Ω and 12 Ω are connected across a DC voltage source as shown in Figure. If the total current through the circuit is 2.0 A, what is the applied voltage?