Work Plan for Implementation of EHDI Goals and Objectives
To identify children lost to follow-up as indicated by the State EHDI database and develop a system to track these children to ensure they are rescreened and referred for timely diagnostic evaluation, treatment, and intervention services.
Healthy People 2010 Targets:
1) Increase the proportion of newborns who have audiologic evaluation by age three months to 70%.
2) Increase the number of newborns who are enrolled in appropriate intervention services by age 6 months to 85%.
Title V Block Grant Performance Measure
PM#7 Percentage of newborns who have been screened for hearing before hospital discharge.
Measures of Success…
1) Increase the number/percentage of newborns receiving rescreened before hospital discharge or one month of age.
2) Increase the number/percentage of infants/children receiving diagnostic service by 3 months of age.
3) Increase the number/percentage of infants/children receiving Early Intervention/Infant Learning Program (EI/ILP) services by 6 months of age.
Outcome Evaluation Questions:
1) Are all birth screeners and audiologists entering data in a consistent manner?
2) Are all infants with a failed newborn screening receiving timely follow-up screenings and/or audiology evaluation?
3) Are all infants with hearing loss receiving EI/ILP services in a timely manner?
4) Are primary care providers looking for screening results?
Time Frame for Assessing Progress
Team Members Responsibilities