To establish a system of care connecting all components of the EHDI community to ensure infants with a refer on newborn hearing screening are not lost to follow-up through improved communication protocols.
Title V Block Grant Performance Measure:
PM #5 Percentage of children with special health care needs age 0 to 18 who report the community based service systems are organized so they can use them easily (CSHCN Survey)
MCHB Discretionary Grant Performance Measures:
PM# 31 The degree to which grantees have assisted States in organizing community-based service systems so that families of children with special health care needs can use them easily
Measures of Success…
1) All birth screeners will have a procedure for notifying parents and primary care providers of birth screening results.
2) The QA project will document the change in the rate of loss to follow-up for screening facilities
3) The EHDI Advisory Committee will adopt the revised protocol.
4) The number/percentage of children meeting 1-3-6 goals will increase.
Outcome Evaluation Questions:
1) Are all components of the EHDI program utilizing the updated EHDI Protocol?
2) Are the results of the QA utilized by birthing hospitals to reduce their rate of loss to follow-up?
3) Are primary care providers utilizing the fax back system to document follow-up?
4) Do parents have documentation of screening results and know “next step”?
Time Frame for Assessing Progress
Team Members Responsibilities