2.4 By the end of 2009, the EHDI Program will develop a communication system for parents and referral sources.
QA project to determine loss to follow-up for specific facilities
Link communication system to “internal” fax back” process with primary care providers”
Implement a fax-back system between audiology, the primary care provider and early intervention
Match fax-back information with information in the database for conformity to 1-3-6 National Goals
EHDI Program Manger
EHDI Program Associate
Enhance family support to families of children requiring diagnosis and intervention services by assisting their navigation through the EHDI system.
Title V Block Grant Performance Measure:
PM #2: The percentage of children with special health care needs age 0 to 18 years whose families’ partner in decision making at all levels and are satisfied with the services they receive. (CSHCN Survey)
MCHB Discretionary Grant Performance Measure:
PM #7 The degree to which MCHB supported programs ensure family participation in program and policy activities.
Measures of Success…
1) Family support will be available to parents at all steps of the EHDI process.
2) Families will have a choice in the manner in which they receive support and information.
3) Family members will participate on all EHDI committees and task forces.
Outcome Evaluation Questions:
1) Were all families of children with hearing loss offered opportunities for parent support?
2) Are all components of the EHDI system familiar with the role of the parent navigator?
3) Was a database established to facilitate “parent to parent” matches?
4) Are family members participants in the EHDI Advisory Committee?