purposes of parent to parent match
Utilize the parent navigation contacts to develop a database of parents interested in meeting other parents.
Connect with audiology and EI/ILP to augment opportunities for parent support, promoted through EI/ILP mechanism for enhancing care coordination for families.
hearing requesting a parent match
EHDI Program Manager
Work Plan for Implementation of EHDI Goals and Objectives
To identify infant/children with high risk factors, late onset or progressive hearing loss to prevent loss to follow-up.
MCHB Discretionary Grant Performance Measure:
PM #23 The degree to which grantees have assisted States in increasing the percentage of children who are screened early and continuously for special health care needs and linked to medical homes, appropriate follow-up and early intervention
Measures of Success…
1) Children with late onset/progressive hearing loss will be integrated into the EHDI system.
2) The EI and EHDI data will be matched to capture children later identified with hearing loss.
3) Children screened through the ECHO Project will have timely follow-up.
Outcome Evaluation Questions:
1) Is the EHDI protocol in compliance with 2007 JCIH guidelines?
2) Are children identified after their birth screening receiving timely follow up?
3) Are children identified after birth screening matched in the EHDI database?