letters were generated by the system. An upgrade generates form letters that inform students where advisor / appointment information is available to them on the web. Advisor assignments are stored in students’ historical records.
Advisement System Applications:
– Posts placement test scores and class placement (EG10, EG11).
– Updates advisor availability for semesters.
- Student advisement and degree audit system. Provides lists of course progress by major and catalog year.
– Utility application that provides SAIN data to other applications, such as Financial Aid and billing.
Advisement System Runs:
– XPIN-based creation and edit of new catalog from a roll-over of the previous catalog year file.
- Catalog year update of course equivalents and curriculum rules for use inside the SAIN applications.
- List of the previous spring’s advisor assignments for review and return of current available advisors for Computer Center entry.
Advisor assignment run/review/rerun process continued until final assignments are set.
Batch update of advisor assignments to History.
Notification of a student’s advisor via letter and MySCCC.
Page 46 of 73