Mainframe System Interconnects
Applications/Batch Data Exchanges:
– Admissions and Recruitment Relational database system with communication management and tickler. Manages prospects and applicants through acceptance. Applicants are transferred and updated to the mainframe ADMU/A and History fines in batch.
–Extraction to MS SQL of Sched file, used with MS Access program in the computer labs to track a student’s use of these facilities for State FTE aid.
– Batch extraction of Sched file and PERS to patron file for upload to SUNY Library system patron database.
- Course management systems hosted by SUNY to provide distance education offerings to SUNY and SCCC respectively.
– Extractions of registration information used for enrollment reporting and IPEDS reports.
– Data report showing Grand Master spread for manual keying into IFMS relational database application.
– (Schedule D) Extraction of adjunct and overload information to go to county for payroll update.
External Systems Interconnected:
- PC based terminal emulation system used to provide PC access to mainframe applications. Extra is used as the PC based client.
- Relational database Document Imaging system. Links to mainframe information is provided by a PC application (using a type of screen scraping) running through Extra/SNA server. This is used both to index images stored in Feith and to retrieve images for a particular student while in the a mainframe application on the PC.
– Jpoint point-of-sales system using IP-based terminal emulation thorough IBM websphere server. Access and updates mainframe data using a version of the mainframe application CFUP. Implemented in the cashier’s offices for live payment of semester bills by students.
Page 59 of 73