X hits on this document





6 / 9


There are also Semi Mobile Modular Concentrators (SMMC) for the recovery of both metals and minerals with capacities up to 25 t/h. The SMMC are standard units, but are tailored for each deposit. These small plants are all pre-assembled and tested before shipping to the mine side. The delivery time for these units is extremely short and installation time is often less then 10 days. Other equipment includes banks of cyclones, lamella thickeners and polyurethane wear parts for different mineral processing applications. Outotec has come to an agreement worth some 16 million with Pueblo Viejo Dominicana Corp, owned jointly by Barrick Gold and Goldcorp. The contract covers the supply of a copper recovery plant based on the Outotec Sulfide Precipitation Process to Pueblo Viejo's gold mine in the Dominican Republic. Outotec’s scope of delivery includes engineering, proprietary and process equipment, instrumentation and automation, as well as supervisory services and spare parts. The plant is supplied as prefabricated skid-mounted units, minimising the amount of site work and ensuring fast track implementation. The units will be pre- tested at the workshops to ensure safety of the operations. The new plant is scheduled to be commissioned at the end of 2011. The ore treated in the gold leaching process contains copper, which is removed as copper sulphide. Outotec developed the Copper Sulfide Precipitation Process, which in collaboration with Barrick Gold will be applied at Pueblo Viejo. This application uses Outotec’s proprietary OKTOP® reactor technology and Paques THIOTEQ® bioprocess as hydrogen sulphide source. Tapani Järvinen, CEO CuproBraze specialist in the radiator industry Finnradiator is traditional and exible company in the radiator industry. We design and manufacture customized solutions according to the vehicle and manufacturer’s needs. We specialise in manufacturing radiators for: · O-road vehicles (forest machinery, wheel loaders, mining equipment etc.) · Railway Locomotives · Heavy-duty trucks (timber trucks, gravel trucks etc.)     One shot CuproBraze charge air cooler in serial production.

38 International Mining NOVEMBER 2009

Artists impression of Sandvik Mining and Construction's new and largest production facility to date, located in the Shanghai Jiading Industrial Zone, China

of Outotec: “This contract is a significant breakthrough in combining Outotec’s hydrometallurgical expertise and Paques' biotechnology in copper production. Our innovative OKTOP reactors developed in recent years have already been sold to Cobre Las Cruces and Talvivaara projects. Paques THIOTEQ is complementing our process and enabling us to offer larger process solutions to our customers.”

Pueblo Viejo, in which Barrick holds a 60% interest and is the operator with Goldcorp owning the remaining 40% interest, is located some 100 km northwest of the capital city of Santo Domingo. Barrick’s equity share of proven and probable gold reserves at Pueblo Viejo increased 1.2 Moz to 13.4 Moz as of December 31, 2008. The mine life is expected to be over 25 years and Barrick's share of annual production is expected to be 600,000-650,000 oz of gold at total cash costs of $275 - $300/oz during the first full five years of production, with initial production anticipated in the fourth quarter of 2011. Pueblo Viejo is advancing on schedule and within its pre-production capital budget $2.7 billion (100% basis). Post start-up, an additional $0.3 billion (100% basis) is expected to complete the phased expansion to 24,000 t/d. The Pueblo Viejo project contains sulphide reserves of 22.4 Moz (Proven and Probable) of gold, 423,600 Mlb of copper and 117.3 Moz of silver.

Sandvik Mining and Construction has inaugurated its new Vespasiano manufacturing facility close to Belo Horizonte, Brazil. This will mainly manufacture components for conveyor systems. In addition to this, the facility will also be used to assemble conical and jaw crushers, vibrating screens, trestles and drums for conveyor belts. As all major Sandvik facilities, the Vespasiano factory has the best production technology available.

Lars Josefsson, President explained that this is in line with the long-term strategy of bringing value into customers’ processes. “With 50% of our sales in the southern hemisphere it is a natural step to also set up manufacturing close to our customer base. It will increase the availability of our products and we will be able to serve our customer even better.”

Also in September, Sandvik Mining and Construction inaugurated its largest production facility to date. This new manufacturing facility is located in the Shanghai Jiading Industrial Zone, China, and has the capacity to produce most of the products in the product range, from

Document info
Document views40
Page views40
Page last viewedTue Jan 24 16:15:03 UTC 2017