X hits on this document





3 / 3

speak to our insurance broker once more about the situation. She will make a recommendation to the Board by the end of October.

Organization chart. Rob would like to print the chart in our rule book, which goes to print in early December. We will need goals for coordinators and appointments as well.

2006 tasks. We need to get our search for an executive director under way. Rob would like the Board to lead the search. Laura volunteered to draw up a plan, and Jerry volunteered to help her. We will need a job description, but that may be something a consultant could help us with. Rob would like to have the executive director in place by the World Championships, but realizes it probably won’t happen that quickly. Jerry suggested we talk to USA Triathlon, because they have recently been through a similar process.

Task force for online registration. Rob speculated that Anna Lea Roof, who was unable to attend the meeting, will want to work with this.

Policy manual. Rob said that documents from the Carver Institute of Policy Management would be a good model for developing a policy manual for USMS. He will get information and distribute it to the Board. Betsy said that Jim Wheeler would like to be involved in the process.

World championships. Active board participation will be needed. Michael Moore will coordinate this activity.

National sponsors. This needs immediate attention. Nadine noted that the Marketing Committee recommended we be more consistent in our approach, and wanted more surveys to better define our target audience. The vice president of community services will work with the Marketing chair and mandate a plan.

Coaches. We all recognize that the best way to grow our organization is through coaches. Rob suggested we have a booth to market Masters coaching at the World Championships.

Immediate tasks.

  • Work with USAS and ASUA to resolve the LATyCAR situation.

  • Finalize the sponsor package.

  • Form committees.

  • At the suggestion of Jeanne, set up an auditing committee that will report to the


Meeting adjourned at 2:00 p.m.

Meg Smath, secretary

Document info
Document views5
Page views5
Page last viewedSat Jan 09 18:27:41 UTC 2016