767pp + various pagination +lvs of plates 11.5” (b/w ill, brass clasp, caif, gilt embossed cover, gilt edges, pp loose, sl foxing, spine/cover loose & taped, Stoner printed on spine. mc).
246. The Holy Bible, Containing the Old and New Testaments Translated out of the Original Tongues; and with the former Translations Diligently Compared and Revised. New York:American Bible Society, 1850. 1043pp 13.5” (al, caif, cover blind embossed, cover loose, gilt edges, note stating Hopkins, sl foxing, spine missing, pc).
247. The Holy Bible, Containing the Old and New Testaments Acording to the Authorized Version...Illustrated with Numerous Descriptive Engravings. Hartford: Case, Lockwood, & Brainard. 1871. 1000, 378 pp+ various pagination+ lvs plates. 11.5” (al, b/w ill, blind embossed cover, caif, cover loose, engr, gilt edges, note stating Bateman, ypb, mc)
248. The Holy Bible. Philadelphia:William W. Harding, 1866. 768 + 116 + various pagination + lvs of plates 11.5” (al, caif, covers loose, embossed, foxing, gilt cover, ill, note stating Breneman, pc).
249. Bibla, Das is: Die ganze Heilige Schrift des Alten und Neuen Testaments, nach der deutschen Ubersetunzung D. Martin Luthers... Philadelphia:Kimber und Scharpless Buchhandler, nd [inscription 1842]. 992pp +lvs plates 11.5” ( al, b/w ill, clasps- one missing, engr, foxing, inscription on front end paper Jacob F. Ochner, 1842, note stating Ochner, sp sl torn, gc)
250. The Holy Bible Containing the Old and New Testaments...Revised Version of the New Testament 1881. First Quatro Edition. New York: R.Worthington, 1881. 744, ix, 206, 18pp+lvs of plates 12.5” ( al, b/w ill, caif, covers loose, embossed cover, gilt edges, spine strip detached [inside], note states “Family Bible of Ella Ferrier Fox, bought 1885. Presented by her daughter, Mrs. Bessie M. Keplinger”, mc).
251. Two small Bibles. The Holy Bible, Containing the Old Testament and the New Testament...Hartford:S Andrus and Son, 1843. 852, 259pp lvs plates 4.5” (al, b/w ill, caif, foxing, gilt edges, ppn, gc); The Holy bible, Containing the Old and New Testaments..., London:G.E.Eyre and W. Spottswoode, 1847. no pagination. 4.5” (al, caif, cover embossed, foxed, inscription on endpaper A birthday present to Eliza M. King when twelve years old, from her affectionate mother, mc).
252. American Library Directory 1998-1999: 51st Edition. Volumes 1 and 2. New Providence, NJ: R.R. Bowker, c1998. 4133pp 11.5” (ex lib, ind, pn).
253. The Four Gospels. Tr into Pa German by Ralph Charles Wood. Bd w/ Daniel Schumacher’s Baptismal Register. [Lutheran minister, poet, & fraktur artist in Berks Co Records ca 1754-74]. Tr/intro by Frederick S. Weiser. Publications of The Pennsylvania German Society,
Allentown, Pa: The Society, 1968. 407pp (col ill, ind, vgc).
Treher, Charles M. Snow Hill Cloister. Bd w/ The Dialect Poems of Ralph Funk, ed by
Preston A. Barba. Publications of The Pennsylvania German Society, 2. Allentown, Pa: The Society, 1968. 328pp (ill, ind, vgc).
255. Buffington, Albert F., and Preston A. Barba. A Pennsylvania German Grammar, 1954. Rev ed. The Pennsylvania German Folklore Society, 27 (1963). Allentown, Pa: Schlechter’s, 1965. 170pp (b/w ill. cover sl soiled, vgc).
256. Four Pennsylvania German Studies. [Archaeology at the Ephrata Cloister; Rachel Bahn, Pa German poetess; Pa German and Rhenish Palatinate dialect comparison; Indian Creek Reformed parochial records, 1753-1851]. Publications of The Pennsylvania German Society, 3. Breinigsville, Pa: The Society, 1970. 179pp (b/w ill, ind, pn).