the Gospel, and Suffering for the Same. Vols 1 & 3 [of 4], 1854. ca 440pp/vol (al, caif, covers loose, ds, sl foxing, mc).
331. Luther’s Works. Ed by Jaroslav Pelikan and Helmut T. Lehmann. Vols 25-27, 45, & 54 .: Saint Louis, Mo: Concordia / Philadelphia: Fortress Press, 1962-72. ca 385pp/vol. (dj, ind, ub, pn).
332. Polk’s Lancaster (Lancaster County, PA) City Directory Vol 32, 1941-42: Containing and Alphabetical Directory of Business Concerns and Private Citizens...also a Buyers’ Guide and a Complete Classified Business Directory. Boston: R. L. Polk & Co, Inc, 1942. 644pp (ads, exlib, sis, gc).
333. Slaymaker, S.[amuel] R. Captives’ Mansion. [History of the Slaymaker/Schleiermacher family; White Chimneys mansion; and Slaymakertown, Lancaster Co, Pa]. 1st ed. New York: Harper & Row, c1973. 219+pp (b/w ill, dj, ind, vgc).
334. [Rebman, Earl F.]. Conestoga River Watershed: Outline of History, 1710-1973. [Cover title: Outline of History, 1710-1973]. Rev pictorial ed. Np, nd (Lancaster, Pa: Forry & Hacker, Printers). 212+pp (pb, b/w ill, ind, sis, vgc); Klein, Frederic Shriver. Lancaster County, 1841-
Lancaster, Pa: The Lancaster County National Bank, c1941. 198pp (b/w ill, ind, vgc).
Spence, H.D.M., and Joseph S. Exell. The Pulpit Commentary. 22 vols complete. Grand
Rapids: Wm. B. Eerdmans Pub. Co, 1950. ca 950pp/vol (ind, ub, vgc).
336. Clarke, Adam. The Holy Bible, Containing the Old and New Testaments … with a Commentary and Critical Notes… New ed. 6 vols, complete. New York: Abingdon-Cokesbury, [19--]. ca 910pp/vol. (ub, gc); Matthew Henry’s Commentary on the Whole Bible … with Practical Remarks and Observations. Rev & corrected. Vol 6 [of 6 vols]. New York: Fleming H. Revell, [19--]. 1188pp (caif, ps, gc).
337. Matthew Henry’s Commentary on the Whole Bible … with Practical Remarks and Observations. Rev & corrected. 6 vols, complete. New York: Fleming H. Revell, [19--]. [Vol 4 pub by Herald Press, Scottdale, Pa] ca 1180pp/vol. (sl yellowed, vgc).
338. The Preacher’s Complete Homiletic Commentary on the Books of the Bible: With Critical and Explanatory Notes, Indexes, etc. 32 vols, complete. New York: Funk & Wagnalls, [19--?]. ca 600pp/vol. (Vol 32 is ind to the set, caif, ub, gc).
339. Nave, Orville, J. Nave’s Topical Bible: A Digest of the Holy Scriptures: More Than Twenty Thousand Topis and Subtopics, and One Hundred Thousand References to the Scriptures... Lincoln, Neb: Topical Bible Pub Co, 1903. 1615pp (leather spine sl torn, gc).
340. Scott, Thomas. The Holy Bible … with Explanatory Notes, Practical Obervations, and Copious Marginal References. [W/ a concordance by John Brown]. 3 vols, complete. New York: Collins and Hannay, 1832 ca 960pp/vol. (al, covers sl torn, ds, foxing, ind, yellowed, ub, mc).
341. The Holy Bible Containing the Authorized and Revised Versions of the Old and New Testaments, Arranged in Parallel Columns. Philadelphia: Globe Bible Pub do, 1886. Various paginations 12” (caif, engr, includes names of Albert Edward Ziegler and Margaret Ellen Puling[?], taped, mc).
342. Biblia, das ist, Die ganze heilige Schrift des alten und neuen Testaments… Philadelphia, Pa: Gedruckt & zu haben bey Kimber & Scharpleß, 1849. 992pp + lvs of plates. (al, cover loose, engr, foxing, ind, inscribed inside front “The Family Bible of John George & A. Marie Niethammer Reading, Pa” [includes father’s and mother’s confirmation cards], pp loose, spine missing, ybp, pc).