German PV: Summary
• The German PV market is the biggest market worldwide with about 1 GW new installed capacity in 2007
• Every fourth solar cell comes from manufacturer in Germany
• Driver is the feed-in tariff system (EEG)
• The EEG amendment is under discussion, decisions will probably be taken in 2008: Degression will be increased stepwise to probably 9%, i.e. 20 €-ct/kWh to be reached for larger roof-mounted systems by 2017.
– The German Solar Association BSW is expecting a moderate growing PV market in Germany in the coming years, but fast growing PV markets in other European countries (Spain, Italy), US and other parts of the world = growing export market (current export rate is 40%)
– 15 new solar factories expected until end of 2008