(185) Daniels, R.C., T.W. White and K.K. Chapman. 1993. Sea-level rise: Destruction of threatened and endangered species habitat in South Carolina. Environmental Management, 17:373-385.
Rising sea level is expected to have an impact on the available habitat for many threatened and endangered species of plants and animals. This paper examines the impact at the regional, state and local scale.
(186) Davison, K.L. 1983. Cumberland Island Fire Effects Study. Park Science, 4:20-22.
This article describes fire effects on Cumberland Island, Georgia and how fire management can be an important component of the resource management plan on the island.
(187) *DePratter, C.B. 1974. Archeological survey of Ossabaw Island, Chatham County, Georgia: preliminary report: University of Georgia Laboratory of Archeological Research. Masters Thesis. 244, 48 p.
Unable to acquire
(188) DePratter, C.B. 1975. An Archeological survey of P.H. Lewis property, Skidaway Island, Chatham County, Georgia: University of Georgia Laboratory of Archeological Research. Masters Thesis 243, 165p.
An archeological survey was conducted in 1974 on 1500 acres of Skidaway Island, Georgia prior to development of the property. Over 100 archeological sites were located, nineteen test pits were excavated, and several sites were mapped.
(189) DePratter, C.B. 1977. Report on an archaeological survey of portions of Wassaw Island National Wildlife Refuge, Chatham County, Georgia and Blackbeard Island National Wildlife Refuge, McIntosh Count, Georgia: University of Georgia Laboratory of Archeological Research. Masters Thesis 342, 41p.
Prehistoric sites surrounding and associated with Wassaw Island National Wildlife Refuge and Blackbeard Island National Wildlife Refuge were described and characterized in order to determine rates of shoreline progradation. This report provides maps with preliminary lines representing approximate placement of shoreline between 4500 years B.P. and 100 years B.P.