9) Evaluation of children with suspected immunodeficiency, 20XX. Retrospective audit, looking into the pattern in which investigations were performed for children with suspected immunodeficiency.
10) Diagnosis, treatment and management of UTI, 20XX. Few additions were made to the existing guidelines following this audit.
11) Quality standards in school clinics, 20XX. Prospective audit. Measures to improve quality of service provided by school clinics were suggested.
12) Referral of high-risk babies for oto-acoustic screening for hearing loss, 20XX. It was performed prior to implementation of universal hearing screening.
13) Management of children with petechial rash and fever, 20XX. I was involved in the later part of this prospective audit leading to acceptance of proposed clinical guideline.
I have been involved with teaching at all levels and comfortably use the different methods of teaching. My teaching experience includes:
1) Instructor on NLS course.
2) Examiner for final year Paediatric OSCE
3) Teaching at regional training programme for paediatric SpRs.
4) Teaching at regional training programme for senior house officers.
5) Teaching at regional training programme for clinical biochemists and for paediatric nurses.
6) Instructor on DCH clinical examination course. Teaching for MRCPCH clinical exam.
7) Teaching at hospital induction for senior house officers.
8) Personal tutor for undergraduate medical students.
9) Regular bedside teaching and problem based teaching for medical students on the wards.
I am also actively involved with assessment of junior colleagues and providing them with appropriate feedback.
Management and Administrative Skills
I am attached to PMETB as a Partner. I have attended PMETB deanery-wide visit as a
Panel member (trainee representative) for the purpose of quality assurance of training and
made important contributions towards producing the final report.
I have received award for the winning business case presentation on ‘stepping up to your
consultant role course’
I am experienced in organising tasks for junior medical staff on a day-to-day basis. I have
organised rota for SpR and I am currently coordinating rota for 20 SHOs.
I have participated in interview process for ST posts in the West Midlands Deanery.
I have organised various teaching programmes including that for MRCPCH clinical
I have participated in departmental directorate meetings and diabetes team meeting.