5/4/05 Draft VI
State Off-Highway Vehicle (OHV)/Off-Road Vehicle (ORV) Coordinator Survey
1. What state do you represent?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
2. What agency in your state has primary responsibility for OHV/ORV management?
3. Does your state have a state OHV/ORV plan?
? No (Go to Q 4)
If yes, in what year was the most recent version approved?
If yes, is it posted on your state website? ? Yes If yes, what is the website address? ? No ____________________________________ If no, please mail a copy to Dr. Chuck Nelson, 131 Natural Resources Building, MSU, E. Lansing, MI 48824. Michigan is updating its 1979 plan.
OHV/ORV Safety Education 4. Does your state have a safety education program? ? Yes
? No (If no go to Q 11)
5. Is this safety education program mandatory for any group of people (e.g. age related,
violation related, etc.)?
If yes, for which group or groups?
6. Does your safety education program use a standardized course? ? Yes If yes, what is the standardized course? ? No __________________________________ Please mail a copy to Dr. Chuck Nelson, 131 Natural Resources Building, MSU, E. Lansing, MI 48824. 7. What is the minimum number of education hours for student certification? _______ #
8. Please complete the following table about your state’s OHV/ORV safety education.
Approx. % students certified over
17 years of age
1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003