X hits on this document

41 views

0 shares

0 downloads

0 comments

8 / 16

The Mall Gardens

The Mall, a garden of around 400 metres in length was constructed by Grand Master Lascaris in 1656 as a place for recreation for the Knights, where these used to play a ball game called Maglio. The garden used to be totally enclosed by a wall, which was removed after the war as it was also extensively damaged. Here one can find a number of monuments commemorating prominent personalities in the Islands' political and social history.

Document info
Document views41
Page views41
Page last viewedTue Dec 06 14:56:55 UTC 2016
Pages16
Paragraphs33
Words846

Comments