Article 13 – Unclaimed Property Act
(a) In regard to intangible property, the total of all accounts, credit balances, deposits, or other forms of intangible property held under the name of any one apparent owner; except that, if the same apparent owner owns intangible property of different types or classes that cannot practicably be handled or accounted for at the same time or in the same way, each such type or class may be considered a separate item;
(b) In regard to tangible personal property, the total of all such property held under the name of any one apparent owner.
(8) "Last-known address" means a description of the location of the apparent owner sufficient for the purpose of the delivery of mail.
"Licensed gaming establishment" shall have the same meaning as set forth in section 12-
-103 (15), C.R.S.
"Life insurance company" means any insurance company which is engaged in providing life
or endowment insurance policies or annuity contracts.
(9) "Owner" means a depositor in the case of a deposit, a beneficiary in case of a trust other than a deposit in trust, a creditor, claimant, or payee in the case of other intangible property, or a person having a legal or equitable interest in property subject to this article or his legal representative.
(10) "Person" means an individual, business association, state or other government, governmental subdivision or agency, public corporation, public authority, estate, trust, two or more persons having a joint or common interest, or any other legal or commercial entity.
(10.3) "State" means any state, district, commonwealth, territory, insular possession, or other area subject to the legislative authority of the United States.
(10.7) "Utility" means a person who owns or operates for public use any plant, equipment, property, franchise, or license for the transmission of communications or the production, storage, transmission, sale, delivery, or furnishing of electricity, water, steam, or gas.
(11) "Verify" means the signing of an instrument, which signing constitutes the affirmation or acknowledgment of the person signing the instrument, under penalties of perjury, that the facts stated in the instrument are true and which signing is made before a person who is a notary public or who is authorized by the law of the place of execution to take acknowledgments or to administer oaths.
Source: L. 87: Entire article added and (7)(a)(I) and (7)(b) amended, pp. 1317, 1335, §§ 1, 6, effective July 1. L. 90: IP(6) amended and (6.5), (7)(a)(VI), and (8.5) added, p. 1632, §§ 1, 2, effective April 27. L. 92: (6) amended, p. 2108, § 3, effective March 4; (2.5), (3.5), (7)(a)(IV.5), (10.3), and (10.7) added and IP(6) and (7)(b) amended, p. 2115, § 2, effective July 1. L. 95: (7.5) added, p. 522, § 2, effective May 16. L. 2001: (7)(a)(VII) added, p. 618, § 1, effective August 8. L. 2004: (5.3), (5.5), and (8.3) added and (7)(b) amended, p.1876, § 1, effective August 4; (7)(a)(VIII) added, p. 314, § 1, effective August 4.
38-13-103. Property presumed abandoned - general rule.
(1) Except as otherwise provided by this article, all intangible property, including any income or increment derived therefrom, less any lawful charges, that is held, issued, or owing in the ordinary