X hits on this document

PDF document

DL-LACTONE CAS N°:79-50-5 - page 43 / 113

342 views

0 shares

0 downloads

0 comments

43 / 113

OECD SIDS 3. ENVIRONMENTAL FATE AND PATHWAYS

DL-LACTONE

ID: 79-50-5 DATE: 18.01.2006

304 hours (12.7 d) suggests that dl-lactone

is

not

a

Reliability:

persistent

substance.

(2) valid

with restrictions

Accepted

QSAR

models

and

guidance

document.

20-AUG-2004

(20)

(21)

(32)

3.4 Mode of Degradation in Actual Use

Memo:

Aqueous extracts from the dl-lactone synthesis in the Dalry production plant

Remark:

Aqueous extracts from the dl-lactone synthesis step in the Dalry production plant enter the on-site wastewater treatment plant; based on a mass balance, amounts are estimated at approximately 30 kg dl-lactone/7000 m3 total site wastewater/day, corresponding to an influent concentrations of

approximately 4.3 mg/l. Due to re approximately 90% is estimated to remainder (~10%, ~0.43 mg/l) to b effluent. The effluent from this industrial the Dalry municipal sewage works inhabitants, with an average tota where first dilution (~0.056 mg/l biodegradation takes place. The f approximately 0.006 mg DL-lactone the sea. Biological degradation in two ser plants, btoh with secondary (biol

main mechanism of degradation

for

ady biodegradability, be biodegraded and the e discharged with the

plant subsequently enters serving approximately 70,000 l influent of 54,000 m3/day, ) and then further inal effluent containing /l is then discharged into

ial wastewater treatment ogical) treatment, is the residual dl-lactone (and

by-products).

Reliability:

(2)

valid

with

restrictions

Communication Officer, high

from own production reliability.

plant Safety & Environment

05-JAN-2006

(39)

3.5 Biodegradation

Type: Inoculum: Concentration: Contact time: Degradation: Result: Kinetic:

aerobic activated sludge 22 mg/l related to Test substance 28 day(s) = 76 - 82 % after 28 day(s) readily biodegradable

3 day(s)

=0-1%

6 day(s)

=1-4%

8 day(s)

= 10 - 12 %

15 day(s)

= 50 - 57 %

20 day(s)

= 68 - 71 %

Control Subst.: Kinetic:

Deg. product:

Acetic acid, sodium salt

3 day(s) 15 day(s) not measured

= 27 % = 68 %

Method:

Year: GLP:

OECD Guide-line 301 B Test (CO2 evolution)" 2004 yes

"Ready Biodegradability: Modified Sturm

UNEP PUBLICATIONS

43

Document info
Document views342
Page views358
Page last viewedFri Dec 09 21:24:05 UTC 2016
Pages113
Paragraphs4931
Words40344

Comments