Support Materials for CCA Version 4.0—Reading
Draft – February 2006
6. In the phrase “Choco-Yummies come alive and dance with glee,” what does glee mean?
7. Which is true according to the Nutrition Facts chart?
A. Brown sugar is listed as an ingredient.
B. Servings have 25 grams of carbohydrates.
C. There are about 19 servings in each box.
D. There is more vitamin D than niacin.
8. Which statement below is a fact?
A. Yummy, tasty, and delicious—that’s Choco-Yummies!
B. Choco-Yummies are low in fat and sugar.
C. Choco-Yummies contain 3 grams of fat.
D. Every bite is full of fun and excitement.
9. Why is the name Choco-Yummies in large print on the front of the box?
A. It reminds the reader of all the ingredients.
B. It draws attention to the name of the cereal.
C. It reminds the reader that the cereal tastes good.
D. It makes the box look bigger.
Read all parts of the question before you begin. Write your answer to open response question 10 in the space provided on the next page.
10. On the Choco-Yummies cereal box, there are several examples of facts and
a. List TWO statements from the box that are opinions.
b. Explain how these TWO statements make customers want to buy and eat
11 of 17