X hits on this document

Word document

TABLE OF CONTENTS - page 19 / 182





19 / 182

Wednesday, 24th

Returned to Leeds. I wrote a letter to Brother D. A. Curtis and then wrote some to my family. Brother Young bought me this book. God bless him forever. I went to Idele with Brother Rudd. We held a meeting in the evening and had a good time.

Thursday, 25th

Returned to Leeds where I finished my letter to my family and had a good time with Brother Young. At 4:30 P.M. started for Sheffield where I arrived at 7:00 in the evening. Went to meeting. I preached to the Saints. Had a good time.

Friday, 26th

Visited the Saints and felt that the Lord was with me all day.

Saturday, 27th

Visited the Saints and at 2:25 P.M. started for Leeds. Stopped at Marsboro, where I found Mr. Eastham. He was glad to see me. I saw his family and he got me to the Express to go to Leeds and gave me three shillings. Arrived in Leeds at 7:00 P.M. and found that Brother Fox had been waiting for me at the station. The Lord was with me all day and I felt I had done much good.

Sunday, 28th

I went with Brother Fox to Loft House where we preached to a congregation that never had heard Mormonism. We had much of the spirit of the Lord. I pray he will have respect to the Word that it may take root and grow. Returned to Leeds in the rain, a distance of five miles. Went to meeting in the room. I preached to the Saints and they felt well. Thus ended the day.

Monday, September 29

Wrote some letters and went to visit a Miss Silver Wood. Preached the gospel to her and in the evening baptized her. I rebaptized seven others and confirmed them at Brother Jones’. We had a joyful time throughout the day and evening.

Tuesday, 30th

I received some letters and wrote several. At 4:00 P. M. I started for Hull where I arrived at 7:30. All well. Brother Curtis was away but came home at 9:30. His health was much improved.

Wednesday, October 1

My health is good. Got a pair of boots. Paid fourteen shillings. Got a pair of slippers. Paid two shillings. At night I preached in Hull for the first time. The spirit of the Lord was with me.

Thursday, 2nd

I went to station and met Brother Young. He felt well. We spent the day in council and writing letters of appointment for next week. In the evening several of the Saints came to see us, and we spent the evening very


Friday, 3rd

I found myself well. Spent the day in writing and visiting some of the Saints and in council.

Saturday, 4th

Brother Young’s health was poor. I wrote to my brother Abram. Went to the bath where we baptized some.

Sunday, 5th

At 10:30 A.M. we opened our conference. Had a very good conference. The Lord blessed me much with his spirit.

Monday, 6th

In the evening, we went to the bath and baptized one young woman. After which we went to our party which had been appointed, and the Lord was with us. We visited, sang, prayed and preached the gospel to the Saints and a good number of strangers.

Tuesday, 7th

Started at 7:00 A.M. in the rain, went to the bath and baptized another young woman. Thus, the Lord blesses our labors in this City and we have many friends. At 2:00 P.M. Brother William and I left Hull for Workley where we arrived at 7:00 in the evening. It was rainy. It was with great kindness that we were received at Elder Charles Foster’s; and after we had warmed ourselves and had eaten our supper, we preached to what Saints and strangers as came to hear, and the Lord was with us.

Wednesday, 8th

We left Workley for Sheffield, where we arrived at 7:00 P.M. I addressed the meeting, and Pastor Young made some good remarks and gave an appointment for me to preach the next night. We had a good time.


Thursday, October 9

I spent the day with Brother Young. In the evening I met at the Hall of Science and had a good congregation. I preached on the "Resurrection of the Dead,” and “Baptism for the Dead.” The Lord was with me, and the Saints rejoiced, and the strangers felt well.

Friday, 10th

I felt well and visited some of the saints and had a talk with Brother Robertson.

Saturday, 11th

Got up and started for Ridgate, where we arrived at 4:00 P.M. It was rainy all day. We walked six miles in the mud and rain. We found the Saints in a cold condition for the principle of tithing had scared them.

Sunday, 12th

Conference opened at 11:00 A.M. Brother Young spoke on the topic of obedience and tithing which caused some to open their eyes. I followed him on


Document info
Document views951
Page views951
Page last viewedSat Jan 21 04:56:47 UTC 2017