CHILDREN’S PEER RELATIONSHIPS3
Friday 30 October
Vicious cycles: The importance of self-regulation
7. Veenstra, R., Lindenberg, S., Tinga, F., & Ormel, J. (in press). Truancy in late elementary and early secondary education: The influence of social bonds and self-control. International Journal of Behavioral Development.
8. Veenstra, R., Lindenberg, S., Verhulst, F.C., & Ormel, J. (in press). Childhood-limited versus persistent antisocial behavior: Why do some recover and others do not? The TRAILS study. Journal of Early Adolescence, 29, 718-742.
Group processes: The impact of popular classmates
9. Dijkstra, J.K., Lindenberg, S., & Veenstra, R. (2008). Beyond the class norm: Bullying behavior of popular adolescents and its relation to peer acceptance and rejection. Journal of Abnormal Child Psychology, 36, 1289-1299.
10. Dijkstra, J.K., Lindenberg, S., Veenstra, R., Steglich, C.E.G., Isaacs, J. , Card, N.A. & Hodges, E.V.E. (in press). Influence and selection processes in weapon carrying during adolescence: The role of status, aggression, and vulnerability. Criminology.
Classroom Peer Ecologies
11. Gronlund, N. (1959). Sociometry in the classroom (Chs. 1, 10, pp. 1-36, 300-330). New York: Harper & Brothers.
12. Rodkin, P. C., Wilson, T., & Ahn, H-J. (2007). Social integration between African American and European American children in majority Black, majority White, and multicultural elementary classrooms. In P. C. Rodkin & L. D. Hanish (Eds.), Social network analysis and children’s peer relationships (pp. 25-42). San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
13. Rodkin, P. C., & Karimpour, R. (2008). What’s a hidden bully? In S. Hymel, S. Swearer, & P. Gillette (Eds.), Bullying at school and online.
14. Rodkin, P. C., & Gest, S. D. (in press). Teaching practices, classroom peer ecologies, and bullying behaviors among schoolchildren. In D. L. Espelage & S. Swearer (Eds.), Bullying in North American Schools (2nd ed.). New York: Routledge, Taylor, Francis.
Articles 4 – 10 can be downloaded from:
Article 13 can be downloaded from:
Articles 1-3, 11-12 and 14 will be distributed in week 42