Potential PCE Workflow
1. A provider has a patient encounter (appointment, walk-in, telephone call, mail conversation, etc.).
Materials available to provider:
Health Summary with new components summarizing previous encounters, and a health reminders component based on clinical repository data
Encounter Form (hard copy or workstation) with pre-defined terminology for the provider’s clinic/service type
PCE Clinical Reports, Action Profile, Daily Order Summary, Lab Interim report, and other VISTA reports.
2. The provider documents the encounter (on hard copy or online).
Types of data collected and stored in PCE:
CPT procedures provided
Skin tests (CPT-mappable)
3. Information from a hard copy encounter form is entered into VISTA by a data entry clerk or scanned via an interface utility.
4. Encounter form data that isn’t scanned or is scanned incorrectly can be entered or edited through the PCE data entry program described in this manual.
5. Providers can enter immunizations, patient education, or other pieces of clinical information through PCE.
6. Providers can view items entered into PCE on a Health Summary or customized report. If any of these items have been set up for clinical reminders, these reminders will appear on the patient's health summary.
4PCE V. 1.0 User ManualAugust 1996