You can create encounters for patient visits that occurred at some time in the past (exact time may be unknown) or at some other location (possibly non-VA). Although these are not used for workload credit, they can be used for setting up the reminder maintenance system.
NOTE: If month or day aren't known, historical encounters will appear on encounter screens or reports with zeroes for the missing dates; for example, 01/00/95 or 00/00/94.
Steps to use this action:
1. Change to View by Encounters if you are in the Appointment View.
2. Select the Make Historical Enc action at the Select Action prompt.
PCEPATIENT,ONE 000-45-6789 Clinic: All
Date range: 07/16/96 to 07/30/96
1 07/25/96 08:00 DIABETES CLINIC 306 DIABETES
2 07/25/96 09:00 CARDIOLOGY 303 CARDIOLOGY
3 07/23/96 16:28 HAND 409 ORTHOPEDICS
4 06/22/96 09:00 CARDIOLOGY 303 CARDIOLOGY
5 06/22/96 11:00 DIABETES CLINIC 306 DIABETES
6 05/19/96 15:07 CARDIOLOGY 303 CARDIOLOGY
+ + Next Screen - Prev Screen ?? More Actions
UE Update Encounter SP Select New Patient VC View by Clinic
LI List by Appointment CD Change Date Range DD Display Detail
AD Add Standalone Enc. CC Change Clinic
HI Make Historical Enc. IN Check Out Interview QU Quit
Select Action: Next Screen// HI
This will create a historical encounter for documenting a clinical encounter only and will not be used by Scheduling, Billing or Workload credit.
Enter RETURN to continue or '^' to exit: [ENTER]
2. Enter the date of the encounter and the time, if known.
3. Enter the location where the encounter took place. If it happened at a non-VA hospital or clinic, type that name. Otherwise enter the name or number of the VA Medical Center or other facility.
Encounter Date and (optional) Time: 12/95 (DEC 1995)
Is this a VA location? N// [ENTER]
Non VA Location of Encounter: University Clinic
4. (optional) Enter any comments that are needed to clarify the encounter.
20PCE V. 1.0 User ManualAugust 1996