X hits on this document





9 / 16


Bulletin for AP Students and Parents 2007-08

Coordinators identified by AP Services no later than March 15. When calling Coordinators to arrange testing, be sure to tell them:

  • You are trying to locate a school willing to administer exams to homeschooled students or students from schools that do not offer AP Exams.

  • The exams you plan to take.

  • If you have a documented disability that will require testing accommodations at the exam, and if you have been approved by the College Board to test with accommodations.

  • You will use a different school code so your exam grade(s) will be reported separately from the school at which you test. Homeschooled students will use the state homeschool code given to them on the day of the exam; students whose schools do not offer AP will use their own school’s code.

Once you locate a school willing to administer your exams, that school’s AP Coordinator is responsible for ordering your exam materials, telling you when and where to report for the exams, and collecting your fees, which may be negotiated to recover additional proctoring or administration costs. That school must administer the exams for you; the school cannot forward exam materials to you or your school for handling. You must bring a valid government- issued photo ID with you to the exam. If you have approval from the College Board to test with accommodations, you must also bring your Student Accommodation Letter.

Information for Students Testing with Accommodations

If you have a documented disability, you may be eligible for accommodations on the AP Exams. Examples include extended time; large-type exams; large-block answer sheets; Braille; permission to use a Braille device, computer, or magnifying device; a reader to dictate questions; a writer to record responses; a written copy of oral instructions; as well as other accommodations. Practice materials in Braille are available for most exams. Contact College Board Services for Students with Disabilities if Braille or other formats are needed.

To receive testing accommodations, a Student Eligibility Form must be submitted. In most cases, students work together with their school’s SSD Coordinator to submit the form and required documentation. Your school should already have copies of this form. You can view a sample copy on the Web at www.collegeboard.com/ssd under “Forms and Resources,” though only an original scannable form may be submitted. Under certain circumstances, additional documentation is also required.

The instructions that accompany the form provide more information. Contact your school’s SSD Coordinator or the College Board’s SSD office for more information (see back cover for contacts).

If you have already received College Board–approved accommoda- tions for AP Exams, the PSAT/NMSQT®, or the SAT®, you do not need to submit a new form unless:

  • You change schools, in which case you will need to submit Section I of a new Eligibility Form.

  • You need different accommodations. (Keep in mind that AP Exams in world languages and Music Theory include listening and speaking components.) In this case, your school’s SSD Coordinator must submit an Accommodations Change Request Form, with supporting documentation. It is available on the Web at www.collegeboard.com/ssd under “Forms and Resources.”

Your complete Eligibility Form and/or documentation must be submitted by:

  • February 22 for students with disabilities whose forms require Documentation Review.

  • March 7 for students with disabilities whose forms do not require Documentation Review.

The Eligibility Form indicates when documentation review is required.

Grades for students who test with accommodations that have not been preapproved by the College Board will not be reported. You are your own best advocate for ensuring that you receive the testing accommodations you need; this means that you, the student, are also responsible for following through on the required procedures. Discuss your needs with your SSD Coordinator as early as possible before the deadlines, then confirm with him or her that everything has been submitted. You share the responsibility for ensuring that your Eligibility Form has been submitted—and approved—and that you will receive the accommodations you need.

It is important to note that students that qualify for accommodations under plans such as the Individualized Education Program (IEP) or Section 504 are not automatically approved for accommodations for AP Exams. Check with your school’s SSD Coordinator to be certain all paperwork is properly completed and submitted.

Information for Students Testing in California Amendments to the California Education Code require the College Board to adopt certain procedures for students who take AP Exams in California. A provision of this law mandates that students must be able to obtain certain information concerning the purpose of the exams, procedures for releasing grade reports, grade interpretations, and the use of exam grades. Much of this information is provided in the Bulletin. For more detailed information, students in California can download the 2007-08 Bulletin for AP Students and Parents–California Supplement at www.collegeboard.com/apstudents.

© 2007 The College Board. All rights reserved. Visit the College Board on the Web: www.collegeboard.com.

Document info
Document views54
Page views54
Page last viewedSun Jan 22 17:40:41 UTC 2017