X hits on this document





4 / 4

Want Some Chill Cash? The Chill Spot’s Got It!

Beginning November 1, you can earn Chill Spot cash when you stop by the Chill Spot Teen Center. Chill Spot cash is only good at the teen center and you can use it to buy cool stuff in the Chill Spot cash store. You can use your Chill Spot Cash for field trips, snacks, parties and other activities at the Chill Spot. You can earn some Chill Cash in the following ways:

  • Be active in one of the teen clubs

  • Participate in Project Success

  • Join in special calendar activities

  • Bring a friend

  • Get good grades on your report card

  • Work on homework

The Chill Spot Teen Center is administered by the Fairfax County Department of Community and Recreation Services’ Teen Service at the James Lee Community Center. For more information on the center, please call 703-234-TEEN (8336), TTY 711.

Kids Serve Too!

Kids Serve Too is a program created by military families in support of military children who currently have a parent deployed overseas. Military children quietly shoulder part of the family’s burden of overseas deployment by making sure their mom or dad know they support what they are doing and believe it is important.

The mission of Kids Serve Too is to honor, support and thank military children by offering programs and resources that demonstrate our appreciation for the sacrifices they make and the unique challenges they face. This partnership between Kids Serve Too, Fairfax County and the General Dynamic IT Fairfax Division offers scholarships to military children so they may reduce some of this stress through recreation and leisure programs. Scholarships may be used for camps, sports leagues and a variety of recreational activities.

For more information on the program or to apply, contact the Fairfax County Department of Community and Recreation Services at 703-324-4386, TTY 711.

Must-Have Phone Numbers Providence District Supervisor Linda Q. Smyth Telephone: 703-560-6946 / Fax: 703-207-3541 / TTY: 711 Adult Protective Services: 703-324-7450/ Child Protective Services: 703-324-7400 Suicide Crisis Hotline: (703) 527-4077 Rape Crisis Hotline: (703) 360-7273 Please call 703-FAIRFAX (703-324-7329), TTY 711 for other county related information. The 2007 Providence Resource Directory is available by calling the Providence District Supervisor’s office.

Fairfax County is committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of disability in all county programs, services and activities. Special accommodations will be provided upon request. For information call our office at 703-560-6946, TTY 711.

Subscription to the ProvidenceOnline

To receive a copy of the e-newsletter, residents are requested to subscribe to ProvidenceOnline – Information and Updates for Providence residents.”

_________________________________________________________________________ Providence Online 2007 November Edition page 4

Document info
Document views13
Page views13
Page last viewedFri Jan 20 12:34:46 UTC 2017