DISASSEMBLY - FRONT SECTION
3. Using jaw pullers or impace puller, remove the auxiliary countershat front bearing from left reverse idler gear bore. If necessary, repeat the procedure for removing the auxiliary countershaft front bearing from right reverse idler gear bore.
5. Remove the pipe plug from rear of idler shaft and use an impact puller, 1/2-13 threaded end, to re- move shaft from case bore (inset).
6. As the idler shaft and idler plat are moved to the rear, remove the thrust washer, and gear from case.
4. Turn out the stop nut from front of idler shaft and remove washer.
7. If necessary, remove the inner race from bearing and press needle bearing from idler gear.