REASSEMBLY - AUXILIARY SECTION (8-SPEED "LL" MODELS)
5. Install the washer on shaft against deep reduc- tion gear, small diameter step down (Left: 11608LL Models); or side with large groove up (Right: 14608LL Models). NOTE: For models not equipped with the oil reten- tion ring in auxiliary housing, proceed to No. 8.
8. Heat the front bearing cone and install on output shaft against oil retention ring, bearing taper up (left). For models not equipped with the oil reten- tion ring in auxiliary housing, install the heated bearing cone on shaft against washer, taper up (right). NOTE: DO NOT HEAT BEARING ABOVE 275o (136oC). If possible, use heat lamps as source.
6. 14608LL Models only - Place the oil retention ring in housing bore, cupped side up (left). Use a soft bar and two rear bearing outer spacers stacked on top of each other to move the oil re- tention ring 2" deep into bore. The ring will be at the proper depth when top of second spacer is flush with housing bore. Remove the spacers when installation is completed.
9. Install the bearing inner spacer on output shaft against front bearing cone.
10. Place the front bearing cup in housing bore, taper to the inside, and use a soft bar to start cup into bore.
7. Place two mainshaft spacers or flat steel stock of equivalent thickness (.190 ") on rear face of deep reduction gear, 180o from each other (left). Install the auxiliary housing over end of output shaft as- sembly, allowing the housing to rest on blocking (right).