REASSEMBLY - AUXILIARY SECTION (8-SPEED "LL" MODELS)
11. Stack the bearing outer spacer and rear bearing cup on top of the front bearing cup in proper se- quence. Use a soft bar or a flanged driver to move all three parts evenly into housing bore until lip of rear bearing cup seats on housing.
14. Remount assembly upright in vise and secure. in- stall the deep reduction-sliding clutch on output shaft, internal splines toward gear and engaged with splines of shaft.
12. If not previously done so, install the auxiliary housing over end of output shaft assembly. Heat the rear bearing cone and install on shaft, taper down and inside bearing cup. NOTE: DO NOT HEAT BEARING ABOVE 275o (136oC).
13. For 14608-LL Model, install the speedometer drive gear or replacement spacer on output shaft and retain with snap ring installed in groove of shaft (left). Remove the blocking (two mainshaft spacers or flat steel stock) from between the deep reduction gear and auxiliary housing (right).
15. Install snap ring in groove of range mainshaft.