Revised Course Structure for Master in Business Administration
MBA Semester III Specialization: - Human Resource Management
Elective OP306 C: Personnel Administration - Application & Procedure
1. Personnel Administration – Definition, Nature, Objectives, Principles.
2. Personnel Policy – Definition, Scope, Process, Objectives, Contents of Personnel file &Personnel audit, Personnel Department Structure, proper Environment around factory.
3. General Communication – Drafting of appointment orders, Interview
Letters, Promotion, Transfer & Appreciation Letters, Notices &
Circulars (All Types)
4. Wage & Salary Administration – General consideration in wage &
Salary administration – Objectives & principles, Time keeping, Attendance,
Statutory Returns – TDS, Professional Tax, Form 16 (A) PF & ESI Returns.
5. Disciplinary Action Communication – Suspension Orders, show cause,
Notices, memo, charge sheet, warning, letter of termination & dismissal.
6. Calculations – Calculation for superannuation, gratuity & bonus
7. Challenges of modern personnel manager.
P. subba Rao, Personal & Human Resource Management, Himalaya Publishing House, Milen Nuim Edition 2000.
Kitty O locker, Business & Administrative Communication, McGraw Hill 8th Edition 2008.
Michel s Hanner, Communication in Business & professional settings, McGraw Hill, 1998.
Rudraba Savaraj M.N, Dynamic Personal Administration, Himalaya Publishing House, 2008.
Mamoria & Gankar, Personal Management, Atimalaya Publishing House, 2008.
Chandra Bose, Principles of Management & Administration, Prentice hall of India 2007.
Note :- At least 10 Case Studies should be taught in class on relevant