A Traffic Impact Study shall be required by the Triple S Planning Commission prior to consideration of any Zone Change and the Board of Adjustments and Appeals prior to consideration of any Conditional use.. The Traffic Impact Study will provide the Commission/Board the information necessary to properly evaluate the impact of a development and to identify the need for any improvements to the transportation system to reduce congestion, maintain and improve safety, and provide site access and impact mitigation associated with the development. The Commission/Board shall require that a Traffic Impact Study be submitted for any zone change/conditional use.
1. Using a city street or county road for access and
generating 25 or more additional (new) peak directions (inbound or outbound) trips to or from
the site during the adjacent roadway's peak hour
or the development's peak hour.
2. Use a state or federal highway for access and
generate 50 or more additional (new) peak directions
(inbound or outbound) trips to or from the site
during the roadway's peak hour or the development's
Agricultural tract development is from a Traffic Impact Study if no new road or street is involved.
MINIMUM INFORMATION REQUIRED
FOR A TRAFFIC IMPACT STUDY
1. A site plan and vicinity map
2. A description of the proposed land use ( size, type, location, phasing)
3. Study purpose and objectives
4. Determination and identification of the area of influence of the development (impacted study area)
5. Description of existing roadway conditions including traffic
volumes, accessibility, accidents, geometries, pedestrians,
traffic signals and overall traffic operations and circulation.