Appendix 13 (POV Storage) to Annex B (Deployment) to USAG-Baumholder SOP for Deployment Support Operations
Storage Area or other designated storage facility on Baumholder Garrison. Storage will be made available to all deploying personnel. POVs, including motorcycles, recreational vehicles, boats, and mopeds, may be stored. Security requirements will include:
1) Be located on an installation under continuous U.S. control.
2) Be enclosed by chain-link fence or concertina wire.
3) Have area lighting sufficient to detect unauthorized entry.
4) Have controlled access.
5) Have security checks conducted randomly at intervals of no more than two hours.
l. USAG-Baumholder is responsible for the planning and execution of POV storage areas during contingency deployment for supported organizations. DOL Class III Yard, Air Field Storage Area or other designated storage facility on Baumholder Garrison. All designated storage facility on Baumholder Garrison as identified for storage will be submitted thru USAG-Hessen and Installation Management Europe (IMA-EURO) to USAREUR DCSLOG for approval.
m. The Rear Detachment Commander (RDC) will designate an NCO to help process POVs into designated holding areas, i.e. Class III Fuel Point and the Garrison non-op holding lot. Unit POV NCO will inspect the POV for any exterior and interior damage and missing accessories and annotates on the same DD Form 788.
4. Coordinating Instructions:
a. POV Owners Responsibility:
1) Can cancel their insurance while deployed and register their POV non-operational. Before POV owners register their POV non-operational they should consult with legal on claims if an accident or theft occurs while deployed.
2) POV owners owning a vehicle with a lien must obtain approval from the financing agency prior to canceling their insurance.
3) Deactivate alarms or disconnect them before storage.
4) Remove all HAZMAT material, personal, and detachable items prior to storage.
5) Ensure non-operational POVs are placed in the Garrison non-operational holding lot.