X hits on this document

105 views

0 shares

0 downloads

0 comments

27 / 44

ARTICLE XXIII

INSURANCE

23.1 The City shall provide ninety-one percent (91%), with the employee providing, through a pre-tax payroll deduction, the remaining nine percent (9%) of the premium of the expense for employees and their eligible enrolled dependents in the following medical, surgical and dental coverage:

a.  CCM Century Preferred contract with Orthodontic Rider.

b.

Family coverage in Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Connecticut Flexible Dental Benefits, Flex #14. (orthodontics )

23.2 Change of carrier: The City shall continue to make available substantially equivalent group health and hospitalization coverage, as set forth in the plan of benefits administered by Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Connecticut in effect as of January 1, 1995. The City, however, reserves the right to change insurance carriers, contractual arrangements with Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Connecticut, have benefits administered by a third party administrator (TPA) or health maintenance organization (HMO), which may alter the current preferred provider network of hospitals and physicians. Any such alternative arrangement will not eliminate the medical expense recognized by the plan or reduce the reimbursement levels in force as of January 1, 1995.

23.3The City shall provide at its expense a group life insurance of $25,000 for employees only, effective as soon as administratively possible upon the implementation of this Agreement.

23.4To “opt out” from medical, surgical and dental coverage, an employee would be able to receive the following based on their familial status:

Employee Only$500.00

Employee + One Dependent$1,000.00

Employee + Two or More Dependents$1,400.00

In order to “opt out” an employee must provide proof of insurance.  The opportunity to “opt out” will be given once per year and will be paid once per year.

Employee may once a year, during open season, select to opt out or be enrolled in the City of New London Medical/Dental Insurance plan. The only other time an employee may change is due to a life-changing event as defined by our health insurance carrier.  Employee forfeits opt out cash benefit if insurance option is taken during any portion of the fiscal year prior to returning to the medical/dental insurance coverage.

ARTICLE XXIV

UNIFORM ALLOWANCE

24

Document info
Document views105
Page views105
Page last viewedMon Dec 05 01:36:54 UTC 2016
Pages44
Paragraphs726
Words16980

Comments