Cold Case File DFCS Case Manager Interview Protocol
Upon completion of your File Review Form, please briefly interview the case worker who is managing the child’s case. Use the questions below to guide your conversation. The purpose of this discussion is to gain a clearer understanding of the case that is often not reflected in the paper file. You are not the child’s attorney in this conversation.
1. Should we expect to see court orders, case plans, and psychological assessments in the paper file or are they only captured in SHINES?
2. Can you give me a brief summary of this child’s case and a description of his/her situation today?
3. What do you think the issues or challenges have been to achieving permanency for this child up until this point?
4. Are there any other avenues that have yet to be explored that you think might be viable options for establishing permanency for this child?
5. What do you think is the best possible and realistic permanency outcome for this child?
6. Is there any support you need to achieve that outcome?