X hits on this document

Word document

About This Handbook - page 14 / 81





14 / 81

If you are not receiving services from the Department of Health (DOH) Developmental Disabilities Division (DDD) and are interested in applying for “The Waiver”, you need to begin by contacting the DOH, DDD, Case Management and Information Services Branch (CMISB) closest to you to apply for DDD services with an intake worker.  If you are currently receiving services from the DDD and are interested in applying for “The Waiver”, begin by contacting your DOH, DDD, CMISB assigned case manager (CM).  It is important to communicate regularly with the intake worker or your assigned CM throughout the application process.

If You Are Applying for DDD Services, CMISB Assigns an Intake Worker To:

Determine DD/MR eligibility

If You Are Eligible for DDD Services, CMISB Assigns a Case Manager To:

Provide outreach to the community including community education and information;

Get to know the person with Developmental Disabilities and/or Mental Retardation (DD/MR) including finding out what is important to the person;

Identify what supports the person has, wants, and needs;

Identify what supports are necessary to assure the individual’s health and safety and well-being;

Assist individuals in developing a plan to support them in their desired life; and

Assist individuals in obtaining supports and services needed including supports provided or funded by the DOH DDD.7

Contact Information for CMISB Offices on Each Island


7 This information was taken from the Department of Health website available at http://www.cmisb.org/about.htm.

Page 14 of 43

Document info
Document views284
Page views284
Page last viewedSun Jan 22 18:36:36 UTC 2017